Community Assistance Program
Assistance in applying for state-funded social and health services, including SNAP, Medicaid, Children’s Medicaid and others.
Houston Food Bank’s Community Assistance Program (CAP) is focused on raising awareness in the service area of available social services and provides application and technical assistance for state-funded social and health services.
Application Assistance* With The Following:
– Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
– Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) cash benefits
– Children’s Medicaid
– Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
– Women’s Health Program (Family Planning, Health screenings thru Medicaid Program)
– CHIP Perinatal Program
– Linkage and Referral Services to other social service providers and other food bank programs.
*Application and technical assistance available at the Houston Food Bank.
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday*
8:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
(*CAP is closed the 4th Wednesday of each month. CAP waiting area until 5:00 p.m.; HFB Portwall Pantry 3:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Application assistance provided on a walk-in basis.)
10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
(HFB Portwall Pantry; application assistance provided on a walk-in basis.)
Benefits To Using CAP
– CAP can submit cases electronically to the state.
– Application assistance provided by a certified Community Resource Navigator located in the greater Houston area. To receive assistance an an agency, call 832-369-9390; no appointments required. Please call ahead of time to ensure a Navigator is onsite.
– Services are available in English and Spanish (or other languages via state interpretation services).
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
For questions regarding our Community Assistance Program, please contact our helpline: