Fitness for Hunger
Individuals who participate in their favorite athletic events while supporting the Houston Food Bank.
2019 Chevron Houston Marathon & Aramco Houston Half Marathon
Sunday, January 20, 2019
We are Houston 5K Saturday, January 19, 2019
We raised over 210,000 meals during the 2018 season!
Consider joining the Run for Food Team this year! Run for a Reason gives runners the opportunity to reach the finish line while supporting local non-profits.
Other ways to get involved:
Fundraising for Registration: Chevron Houston Marathon, Aramco Houston Marathon and We are Houston 5K spots available! Raise a minimum of $750 (Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Marthon) or $100 (We are Houston 5K) on behalf of the Houston Food Bank and receive guaranteed entry plus team perks. This amount includes race registration.
HERO Entries: Make an upfront, tax-deductible donation of at least $350 to the Houston Food Bank plus the cost of registration, to secure a guaranteed race entry.
Fundraiser: Opportunity for runners who already have a race slot to fundraise. Enjoy all the Run for Food team benefits. Minimum fundraising amount to receive team jersey: $100. Suggested fundraising amount: $250 or more.
Sidewalk Squad: Highly visible sponsorship opportunities with a large portion of donation being tax-deductible. Opportunities priced at $2,500 and up.
Show our appreciation for the Run for Food Team:
- Complimentary Pre-Race Carb Load Appreciation Dinner before the race
- Run for Food Team jersey
- Race-Day HOOPLA Station for Family and Friends
- Happy Hour Awards Party celebrating our team with prizes for top fundraisers
Thank you to our 2019 sponsor
Athletes can choose a Reason2Race race in honor of and raise funds for the Houston Food Bank.
Consider joining the Houston Food Bank Team for Reason2Race. Team Houston Food Bank provides you the opportunity to set a goal for yourself and add a fun level of motivation and accountability to reaching it. We invite you to pick one event this season to be the one that challenges you to reach your goal while making a difference for the 800,000 people we serve annually.
Program partners include Bayou City Tri Series, Bayou City Half Marathon Series, Bridgeway Run Houston for a Cause!, iTri Events, Houston Racing Triathlon Club, Finish Line Sports Charity Challenge, The Woodlands Charity Challenge, and much more!
3 Simple Steps to Join Team Houston Food Bank:
Step 1: Register for the event of your choice.
Step 2: Set up your fundraising campaign.
Step 3: Share your story with family, colleagues, and friends!
There is no cost to join and no fundraising minimums required. You can join our team for any event you choose.
Awards Party: Each year we host a Happy Hour Awards Party celebrating our team with award certificates and prizes for the top fundraisers. Look out for more information to come.
2018 Harvest Marathon Relay
September 30, 2018
Rice University Wendel D. Ley Track & Holloway Field | 6100 Main St
The Harvest Marathon Relay is a timed relay on an Olympic sized track for a total distance of 26.2 miles.
- Teams as small as 2 and as large as 25 will race to carry a baton the distance of a marathon (26.2 miles)
- There are no limits on how many laps or series of laps each team member can run
- A designated area is available for teams to set up tents
- Food, water and music will be available for participants
- Tech shirts available for participants registering before the deadline (September 13, 2018)
- Corporate Relay Team GOLD –$1000 sponsorship Includes 25 race registrations
- Corporate Relay Team SILVER –$500 sponsorship includes 10 race registrations
- Challenge Teams –$65/race registration up to 25 participants ($55 before August 12, $70 the week before the race)
- Register today to join the Harvest Marathon Relay!
Questions? Email email@example.com
100% of the proceeds from this event will be donated to the Houston Food Bank Run for Food Team