Harvey Disaster Relief
If You Need Help
- Find a disaster food distribution point near you
- Find a partner with new clothing donated by Kroger
- Call our helpline at 832-369-9390
- Call 2-1-1
Apply for SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) with help from our Client Assistance Program.
- Call the Helpline at 832-369-9390
- Visit our offices, 535 Portwall St., Houston, TX 77029, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Sunday.
If You Want To Help
Disaster distribution sites are needed in these areas:
- Sheldon Lake
- Dickinson/Galveston County
- Fort Bend
- San Jacinto
- Register first
- Volunteer shifts apply, open daily
Morning Monday – Saturday, 8 a.m. to noon
Afternoon Monday – Saturday, 1 to 4 p.m.
Evening Monday – Friday, 6 to 9 p.m.
Sundays 9 a.m. – noon
Donate Food and Supplies
- Drop off in the lobby at 535 Portwall8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Saturday
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. 3rd Sunday of every month
- Canned ready-to-eat items with pull tops: vegetables, fruit
- Protein in pouches or pull-top cans: tuna, beef stew, chili, canned chicken
- Peanut butter
- Snacks: granola bars, breakfast bars, etc.
- Paper goods
- Cleaning supplies: mops, mop buckets, brooms, bleach wipes, garbage bags, bug spray
We’re In It For The Long Haul
An unprecedented number of people in the greater Houston area are affected by the flooding caused by Hurricane Harvey. The storm unleashed monumental destruction across southeast Texas. For individuals who already struggle to provide for their family’s basic needs, the flooding is even more catastrophic.
How does the Houston Food Bank help people affected by Harvey?
The Houston Food Bank has a history of providing disaster relief. We will provide food and supplies in the short term and for many months to come to residents in southeast Texas who will struggle to rebuild their lives. The Food Bank will work closely with our network of partners to ensure food is getting to those who need it most.
Thank You To Our Corporate Partners
Thank you to the following Corporate Partners for supporting Harvey Disaster Recovery Efforts