Client Assistance Program
Assistance in applying for state-funded social and health services, including SNAP, Medicaid, Children’s Medicaid and others.
Houston Food Bank’s Client Assistance Program (CAP) is focused on raising awareness in the service area of available social services and provides application and technical assistance for state-funded social and health services.
Application Assistance* With The Following:
– Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly Food Stamps
– Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) cash benefits
– Children’s Medicaid
– Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
– Women’s Health Program (Family Planning, Health screenings thru Medicaid Program)
– CHIP Perinatal Program
– Linkage and Referral Services to other social service providers and other food bank programs.
*Application and technical assistance available at the Houston Food Bank.
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
(CAP waiting area until 11:00 a.m.; HFB Portwall Pantry 11:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.)
9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
(HFB Portwall Pantry; application assistance provided on a walk-in basis)
9:00 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.
(HFB Portwall; application assistance provided on a walk-in basis)
Benefits To Using CAP
– CAP can submit cases electronically to the state.
– CAP can issue Electronic Benefit Transfer cards to clients to expedite receipt of benefits after eligibility has been determined and approved on the state level.
– Services are available in English and Spanish (or other languages via state interpretation services).
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
For questions regarding our Client Assistance Program, please contact our helpline: