ATTENTION, PLEASE: THE FOLLOWING APPLIES DURING THE WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 19 - 22, IN RESPONSE TO HURRICANE HARVEY
- Teachers aid will open September 19 - 22 to support our local schools that have been impacted by the storm.
- Teachers are required to make an appointment to shop. Please click here to register for a free school supply shop
- Teachers need to provide school or proof of teachers status when they arrive to the center.
Email email@example.com with questions
School supplies for teachers in low-income schools
Kids need the right tools in order to succeed in school, but many families can't afford the most basic school supplies, like pencils, crayons and notebooks. Many compassionate teachers pay for school supplies from their own pockets so their students aren't at a disadvantage.
The Teachers Aid program provides supplies to teachers in schools that meet the following criteria:
- Teachers Aid Agreement must be submitted.
- 60% of students are on free or reduced price lunch
- participate in the Houston Food Bank's Backpack Buddy Program.
School supplies are distributed on posted shopping days by reservation only. (Please see Calendar and How To guide.) Teachers select from donated items based on their grade levels, curriculum needs and current inventory. Teachers can "shop" once every three months by appointment only.
The program is an affiliate of the Kids in Need Foundation's Kids in Need National Network sponsored by Target.
The Teachers Aid location is a separate location than our Portwall Warehouse and is located at 8353 East Freeway, Houston TX 77029 (on the corner of Aleen and the East Freeway).
Follow the same directions for getting to our Portwall Warehouse but take a right on Aleen instead of Portwall (it is the following street). Enter the parking lot for the Teachers Aid building and follow the posted signs.
School Programs Manager