Interested in becoming a Kids Cafe site?
Kids Cafe School Year Program
If you'd like to become a partnering site in our Kids Cafe School Year Program, please fill and submit the school year application.
Kids Cafe Summer Program
Will you need help in providing nutritious meals for your summer program? Sign up to be a partnering site for the Summer Food Service Program.
Returning Kids Cafe Summer Program Partners
Returning partners for the summer program can re-enroll online.
For more information, or if you have questions, please contact the Kids Cafe Outreach Team or call 832-369-9343.
On a typical day in southeast Texas, 5,000 children will go to bed hungry. Children without proper nutrition have difficulty concentrating in school, experience tardiness and are more prone to chronic illness that can hinder proper growth development. By providing nutritious meals and snacks, Kids Cafe helps start children on the right path for success.
Launched nationally in 1993, there are currently more than 1,200 Kids Cafes operating in the United States through Feeding America, the nation’s leading domestic hunger relief charity. Kids Cafe uses federal funding from Child & Adult Care Food Program.
The Houston Food Bank's Kids Cafe program is a collaboration of chefs, dietitians, students and volunteers.
- Kids enjoy meals and snacks after school.
- Children also receive food safety lessons, nutrition education and hands-on instruction to help create healthy lifestyles.
- In the summer, the number of children served doubles as we convert to the Summer Food Service Program.
- Kids Cafe is one of the nation's largest nutrition education programs providing children with the nourishment they may not get at home.
- The success of the local program has been overwhelming. Since opening the first site in 2000, the Houston Food Bank has expanded into other locations.
How to get involved
- Kids Cafe plans to continue expanding to touch the lives of more children.
- Membership in an after school program is required to participate in Kids Cafe. (eg., Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Houston or YMCA.)
- Volunteers are needed for nutrition education at Kids Cafe sites; for example, professionals and students in dietetics, kinesiology and culinary arts.
Download the Kids Cafe Fact Sheet.
Help support Houston Food Bank programs like Kids Cafe!
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Kid's Cafe is proud to be a recipient of the ExxonMobil Community Summer Intern grant.