KHOU Food Drive
July 18 - 31
June 1 kicked-off hurricane season and the Houston Food Bank is getting prepared! We're excited to announce KHOU-11 will be hosting two live food drives in July. With the recent flooding in our area, Houston is strongly reminded of the need for disaster preparedness.
The Houston area has experienced a great deal of flooding since April and we have depleted much of our inventory to the relief of our community. To date, the Houston Food Bank has distributed nearly a million pounds of disaster relief supplies to agencies serving affected residents within our 18-county service area in southeast Texas. Supplies have included more than 500,000 pounds of water, 260,000 pounds of food and 123,000 pounds of cleaning supplies.
We hope you can join us and support the Houston Food Bank in preparing for this year’s hurricane season. We are needing to restock our shelves with some of our most needed items listed below.
Donations prior to the food drive can be dropped off at the Food Bank before July 20, or deliver them during one of our two live events on July 22nd at the Kroger on Kirby and Main (7747 Kirby Dr., Houston TX. 77030) from 6am-6pm or July 29th at Randall’s on Buffalo Speedway (3131 W. Holcome Blvd., Houston TX 77025) from 3pm-7pm. Thank you for your support!
Most needed items:
- Protein items
- Canned tuna or chicken, packed in water
- Canned stews and pasta/meat, easy on salt and fat
- Peanut butter
- Packages of dried beans
- Canned fruits in light syrup, natural applesauce
- 100% juice cans or boxes
- Canned vegetables, tomatoes, tomato sauce
- Soups with meat and/or beans, meal-in-a-can, easy on salt and fat
- Cereals and cereal bars, easy on sugar and fat
- Pasta, spaghetti, macaroni, noodles
- Pop top items-easy opening food items
- Cleaning supplies
- Mops, brooms, cleaning products, sponges, buckets, ect.
You also can make a monetary donation. For every $1, the Food Bank can provide 3 meals.
Thank you to our KHOU 11 Food Drive partners: