Food Industry Donor
Large-scale food donations from the manufacturing, warehouse, agriculture and food services industries are critical to our mission.
While community food drives and individual donations are extremely valuable, the scale of our work requires the support of donors in the manufacturing, warehouse/logistics, produce/agriculture and food services industries. Only through the ongoing support of food industry donors can we continue to feed 800,000 individuals each year.
The Houston Food Bank accepts perishable, dry or bulk products that are:
- Unlabeled or mislabeled
- Rejected but still safe for human consumption or use
- Discontinued items
- Off spec items
- Damaged items (some restrictions apply)
- Close-dated items
- Various past “best if used by” dated products
Schedule A Donation
If you would like to make a food or product donation, please call 832-369-9313 or 713-865-3142.
Information we will need when you call:
- Company Name
- Company or Pick Up Address
- Type and Amount of product
- Reason for the Donation (close-dated, off spec, overstock, etc.)
- Date the product needs to be picked up
- Contact name and number to arrange the pick up (if different)
- Complete address to mail donation receipt
Donations are accepted at our warehouse by appointment. Appointments are available:
535 Portwall Street
Houston, Texas 77029
Monday – Friday
9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. or
6:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Call our receiving office for an appointment 713-547-8660.