Become A Houston Food Bank Partner
Join a network of hunger relief partners and allow the Houston Food Bank to be an ongoing source of free or low-cost food to stock your pantry or kitchen.
– STEP 1 –
PRE-SCREEN, INFO SESSIONS & APPLICATIONS
- Complete the potential partner pre-application.
- Receive notification if the pre-application was selected, or not not selected, to continue the application process.
- Selected applicants will receive an invitation to attend a mandatory info session regarding partnership with HFB.
Info Session and Application
- Info sessions will contain important information and directions on the steps to becoming a partner with HFB.
- Partnership applications will be sent out after attending the info session. Please submit the application and any requested items to ensure the application will be pushed forward to the next step.
– STEP 2 –
INSPECTION & APPROVAL
A Community Partner Liaison will schedule a meeting to inspect your future distribution site. Please note the meeting is based off the Liaison’s availability.
- Pantry applications will need an inspection of food storage area(s).
- Meal site applicants will need an inspection of the kitchen and food storage area(s).
- HFB will review written records of clients and client need.
- Partnership application will be reviewed by the Strategic Partnership Committee.
- The committee’s decision will be communicated to you by a Liaison.
– STEP 3 –
CONTRACTS & TRAINING
- Partner will read and sign partnership agreement.
- Partner will complete required online civil rights certification and food safety training.
- Partner will attend a mandatory all-day on-boarding orientation and training.
– STEP 4 –
GRAND OPENING, ONBOARDING & TRAINING
Partner Grand Opening
- Details and dates TBD.
Onboarding and Training
- Selected applicants will receive dates for the next info session.
- Info sessions and onboarding trainings are held at the Houston Food Bank, 535 Porwall St.
- Please review the onboarding schedule.
Orientation & Training
- Houston Food Bank will not be hosting an orientation or info session in May or June. Updates are currently being made to our application process including details on how to apply, where to find additional information and first steps towards becoming a partner will be available in July.
- Meetings are at the Houston Food Bank, 535 Portwall Street.
- Space is limited – first come, first served.
For questions regarding becoming a partner, please contact:
Partner Services Hotline