Become A Houston Food Bank Partner
Join a network of hunger relief partners and allow the Houston Food Bank to be an ongoing source of free or low-cost food to stock your pantry or kitchen.
– STEP 1 –
ORIENTATION AND APPLICATION
During this step, you will…
- Attend an orientation meeting.
- Complete membership application and other required paperwork.
- Make a copy of each requested items needed.
- Mail application and list of requested items to HFB.
– STEP 2 –
INSPECTION & APPROVAL
- A visit by HFB will be scheduled to your facility.
- Pantry member applicants will need an inspection of food storage area(s).
- Meal site applicants will need an inspection of the kitchen, food storage area(s), food dealer’s permit and health inspection.
- HFB will review written records of clients and client need.
- If the partner does not meet all the requirements, a second on-site visit will be scheduled to review the corrections.
- Prospective partner report will be reviewed by Partner Services Committee to be approved or rejected.
– STEP 3 –
CONTRACTS & TRAINING
- Partner will be mailed original contracts and civil rights training booklet.
- Contracts must be read and signed.
- Return original to HFB with the signed civil rights affidavit.
Partners picking up product orders…
- Submit list on partner letterhead that includes all individuals who are approved to pick up orders from the Food Bank.
For questions regarding becoming a partner, please contact:
Partner Services Hotline