Required Service Hours
Individuals who receive a court order to perform community service, or who must perform community service to qualify for WorkSource or Houston Housing, may complete their hours at the Houston Food Bank.
The Houston Food Bank Blue Badge Volunteer Program is an alternative which helps individuals complete their required community service hours in a friendly, safe, climate controlled and structured environment.
Monday 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Monday 7 - 8 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday 7 - 8 p.m.
2nd Saturday of the month 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
To sign up for the Blue Badge Volunteer program:
- Visit one of our locations during one of the listed orientation times above
- Be sure to bring all related paperwork and a valid ID with you
- Complete the Blue Badge Volunteer application form
- Attend the orientation session
- You will be given detailed information on volunteering, verifying hours and monthly reporting at that session
- The entire registration process will take 45 minutes – 1 hour
NOTE: Volunteers 16-18 years old that have required service hours must have a parent or guardian attend the orientation session with them and complete parent/guardian paperwork. Parents are also required to have a valid ID.
If you have any questions, please contact LaKesha Oludare, Volunteer Services Associate, at 713-547-8608.