We can help you apply for SNAP (food stamps)!
Just call our helpline at 832-369-9390, or send a request for more information.
Dejenos ayudarlo a aplicar para estampillas. Llame a nuestra Línea de Ayuda al 832-369-9390 o envíe una solicitud para más información.
The Houston Food Bank Client Assistance Program (CAP) provides assistance to people who don't have enough money to buy food, and to people who need healthcare for their families through Medicaid, CHIP, Women's Health Initiative. In some cases, help is available to pay bills through TANF cash benefits.
We help with:
- SNAP-Food Stamps
- Children's Medicaid
- Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Women's Health Program (Family Planning, Health screenings thru Medicaid Program)
- CHIP Perinatal Program
- Linkage and Referral Services to other social service providers and other food bank programs
Do you qualify for help?
Check this income guide for SNAP.
We can help you look at your financial situation and determine if you can apply for programs like SNAP. You may qualify if your income and other resources are under certain limits. You can have a car, a house, and or some savings and still be eligible.
If you are undocumented, and have children who are United States citizens, you can apply for food stamps on their behalf.
You'll need when applying:
- Identification (for everyone in the household)
- Social Security Numbers (for everyone in the household)
- Utility Bills (gas, electric, oil, water, and telephone)
- Rent Receipt/Agreement or Mortgage Statements and/or Tax Bill.
- Proof of Income (for everyone in the household)
- Medical Expenses - ONLY if you are 60 and older and/or disabled
- Child day care expenses
We can help. Come see us, or call us.
Application and technical assistance is available at the Houston Food Bank at 535 Portwall Street. Or, call the hotline to speak with a Client Assistance Program representative at 832-369-9390.
Our staff are available at other locations around the Houston area.
You can also apply online at Your Texas Benefits. Services are available in English, Spanish and Vietnamese (service can be provided in other languages via state interpretation services as needed).
TThis institution is an equal opportunity provider.