Teachers Aid "How To" Guide
Am I eligible?
Teachers, Counselors and Principals must meet four criteria:
- Work at a school that participates in the Houston Food Bank's Backpack Buddy Program
- Work at a school where 60 percent or more of students are on free and reduced-price lunch.
- Have submitted a Teachers Aid Agreement and their Teacher Roster.
How do I shop?
- For a school to be able to register, Teachers Aid Agreement and Teacher Roster must be submitted. (Please give 48 hours for processing.) Once the documents have been submitted and are approved, individual teachers can register.
- Individual teachers may register by visiting houstonfoodbank.3cfreestore.com. Click "Are You a Teacher" and register for Teachers Aid. You will soon receive an automated confirmation e-Mail.
- Once teachers are registered, they may return to the "Are You a Teacher" tab and schedule a shopping visit.
- Teachers may shop once per quarter during the school year (August – November, December – February, March – May, June - summer sessions only).
- School I.D. is required for check-in.
- Please bring your own bags and carts for shopping and transporting to the car. The Teachers Aid Center relies on donated product and may not always have a supply of bags for your use.
- Every item in the Teachers Aid Center is donated to the Houston Food Bank for this program. As a result, our inventory varies and alternates over time. We can’t guarantee that you’ll find the same things each time you visit.
- The items are free for all eligible teachers, but there will be a limit on the amount each teacher will receive.
What else do I need to know?
- Please arrive at your assigned shopping time to ensure that other teachers can enjoy their assigned times as well. If there’s a crowd, we might have to ask you to reschedule should you arrive late. Please be patient as we want to serve everyone.
- We understand that some parents might need to bring their children with them. The center is filled with colorful, fun items. If your kids come with you, please keep an eye on them while you're shopping and ask them not to play with the product so we can maintain an organized environment for all of your fellow teachers.
- Because all of the items in the Teachers Aid Center are donated, the Houston Food Bank has to ensure that they are used for the purpose that the donor intended. Please help us honor our commitment to our donors. Items may not be resold, traded or bartered for home or personal use.
- If for some reason you receive a damaged item from the Teachers Aid Center, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 1 week of your initial shop. Once contacted, further instruction will be given.
Thank you for allowing us to provide school supplies for your low income students.