Client Assistance Program
Houston Food Bank's Client Assistance Program (CAP) is focused on raising awareness in the service area of available social services and provides application and technical assistance for state-funded social and health services.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly Food Stamps
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families cash benefits
- Children's Medicaid
- Children's Health Insurance Program
- Women's Health Program (Family Planning, Health screenings thru Medicaid Program)
- CHIP Perinatal Program
- Linkage and Referral Services to other social service providers and other food bank programs.
Application and technical assistance available at the Houston Food Bank, 535 Portwall Street, Houston Texas 77029.
CAP can submit cases electronically to the state. In addition, CAP staff are able to issue Electronic Benefit Transfer cards to clients in order to expedite receipt of benefits after eligibility has been determined and approved on the state level.
Services are available in English, Spanish and Vietnamese (service can be provided in other languages via state interpretation services as needed).
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday (Telephone Helpline Only)
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
People in need can contact Houston Food Bank's Call Center helpline, 832-369-9390.
In 2006 this program was launched statewide through the Texas Food Bank Network Association and the Texas Health and Human Services Commission.
Help support Houston Food Bank programs like the Client Assistance Program! Donate Online.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.