Backpack Buddy Enrollment
Backpack Buddy Informational Packet
Enclosed are the program guidelines, forms to enroll the students and one of the two reports due each month.
If you are interested in joining the Backpack Buddy program please e-mail Hayley Hewett at email@example.com with the following information:
- Total number of enrollment in your school
- Total number of students on free lunch
- Total number of students on reduced lunch
Based on the information you provide, you will receive a set number of free food sacks each week.
Backpack Buddy Distribution
Once you have faxed or e-mailed all of your forms to Hayley Hewett you are ready to begin receiving food sacks.
You have two options:
School Pick Up locations: (weekly, bi weekly or monthly)
- The Houston Food Bank 535 Portwall Street, Houston Tx 77029
**When you arrive, you will park your car in the visitor’s parking lot and visit the Distribution office by the front lobby. Let the staff know the name of the school and they will get your paperwork started. They will let you know when the bay is open for you to pull in and get your order.
* You’ll need to sign a slip before leaving the HFB with your food sacks. By signing the slip you are acknowledging that you have received your entire order of food sacks.
*Hours of operation for Backpack Buddy pick up
Wednesday - Friday 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m*
NOTE: You do not have to pick up your food sacks each week. You may pick up enough food sacks for a month, every two weeks, or whatever best fits your program and your transportation needs.