Share the Harvest Foundation
Through the Share the Harvest Foundation, the Houston Food Bank is able to distribute enough rice to provide more than 11 million servings each year.
- 130 acres = 6,650 pounds of dry rice per acre = 86,000 servings per acre = 11,180,000 servings per year
- Each acre costs $1,200 to grow
You can support Share the Harvest by donating:
- Half Acre Level: $600 to provide 43,000 servings of rice
- Third Acre Level: $400 to provide 28,667 servings of rice (show pic of bulk bag of rice – rough equivalent)
- Quarter Acre Level: $300 to provide 21,500 servings of rice
- Growing Family Level: $14 to provide 1,000 servings of rice
For more information about supporting this program, please contact John Kreger.