Hunger Relief Team
The Houston Food Bank Hunger Relief Team is comprised of companies and organizations that have made a regular, ongoing commitment to Leading the Fight Against Hunger in Southeast Texas. Those involved represent at least one of four industries: Manufacturing, Warehouse and Logistics, Produce and Agriculture, or Food Service. These partners commit to donate products to the Houston Food Bank on at least a monthly basis. See our FAQs for more details.
We are also looking for individuals to serve on advisory panels for each of the four industries of focus. If you are interested in serving in this capacity, please contact Judy Henrichsen at 832-731-9436.
Reasons to Get Involved
- Support an 18-county region in Southeast Texas through partnership with the Houston Food Bank
- Cost savings through reduced disposal fees
- Community recognition as a "Houston Food Bank Hunger Relief Team" member through truck stickers and window clings for your office
- Annual meetings at the Houston Food Bank with industry leaders
- Tax benefits
- Good Faith and Good Samaritan Donation Act
- Networking opportunities with other industry professionals
- Donations and special programs will be highlighted on Hunger Relief Team web page
Why wait? Donate!
Liability issues are covered through state and federal provisions that protect donors who act in good faith. And, the Houston Food Bank meets or exceeds the same food-handling and safety regulations that govern the food and grocery industry.
There are simple economic advantages to donating to the Food Bank.
- Enhance your community reputation by supporting one of Houston's largest and most respected non-profit human service organizations.
- Reap rewards for your generosity through tax benefits.
- Reduce your waste costs while you help alleviate the suffering of hunger
And - it's just the right thing to do!