Fun Ideas for Food and Fund Drives
Have FUN while you FUNdraise!
Here are some suggestions to make your Food and Fund Drive unique:
- Develop a theme for the event: It can be structured based upon a seasonal timeframe or special event, i.e. CEO's birthday, Back to School, Company Anniversary, etc.
- Set a poundage or financial goal: If reached off a reward, maybe a casual day, free lunch, pizza party, etc.
- Award participants: Give certificates to departments that generate the most food/funds (per staff average).
- Have a lottery: Set an amount of donations to earn a ticket to be entered into the lottery. Winning tickets will be awarded a prize, i.e. dinner for two, gift certificates, gas cards, electronic gadget, etc.
- Ask the CEO/top administrator(s) to participate in an interesting/appealing contest, if an aggressive food/fund drive goal is met; i.e. wear a funny outfit, sing in front of coworkers, (whatever best works for your office atmosphere); etc.
- Request a tour of the Food Bank: Ask your department or group to tour the facility to get a firsthand look at the Food Bank operations and what is involved in the day to day needs of the agency/clients.
- Company support: If you are already having a company event during the drive, ask each participant to bring in canned goods for that event.
- Dedicate your food drive: Select one or two of our most need food items and employ a catchy title for your group and see which group/department can collect the most food. Ex. "People for Peanut Butter, Protein Team, Bean Duty", etc.
- Conduct community events: Bake sales, cake walk, BBQ dinners, car washes, multi-family (department) yard sales, etc. Can always be made into a friendly competition.
- Sell special treats: Have the top cook make that one-of-a-kind, always requested food dish and offer samples for a donation throughout the day.
- Friendly competition: Challenge departments, between floors in an office building, alumni groups of rival schools, high schools, etc. Whoever wins can make the others wear their schools colors, decorate their office, etc.
- Office atmosphere: Request donations when someone is late to a meeting, a cell phone rings during meeting, swears in the office, etc.
These are just a few tips to give ideas on how to have fun for a worthy cause. Many, many THANKS for your support of the Houston Food Bank. Have fun!
If you have any tips you'd like to share, e-mail email@example.com.