What is the HFB Conference Center?
The Houston Food Bank developed the HFB Conference Center at the new Portwall facility to better serve our community and our donors. The HFB Conference Center provides event and meeting spaces, with minimal facility usage fees. The facility can accommodate small meetings of 10 or less, or larger events of up to 400 people.
Who is eligible to use the HFB Conference Center?
HFB welcomes corporate groups, nonprofit, and professional groups. HFB welcomes social groups on a case by case basis.
What kind of events cannot be scheduled in the HFB Conference Center?
- Press and Media Events
- Political Activities
What are the costs for holding an event?
The Houston Food Bank charges minimal fees to cover the costs of holding outside events. Please see the corporate meeting fee schedule or social and after hours events fee schedule for more details.
What is required to hold an event at the Houston Food Bank Conference Center?
- Signed Event Order, including Facility Use Agreement, and Payment Authorization
- Some groups may be required to submit a Certificate of Insurance with minimum $1,000,000 general liability insurance (see Event Liability Insurance). A tenant user TULIP policy may be provided (see Fee Structure).
When is the HFB Conference Center open for events?
The HFB Conference Center is open during business hours for corporate meetings. Facility will stay open after hours for approved social events. Fees apply after 6 p.m.
Conference Center Business Hours:
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Conference Center After Hours:
Tuesday – Friday
6 p.m. – 11 p.m.
4 p.m. – 11 p.m.
Conference Center Closed:
After hours Monday
All official holidays (please inquire)
Where is the HFB Conference Center located?
The HFB Conference Center is located at 535 Portwall St. Houston, TX 77029.
What are the different HFB Conference Center event spaces, and capacities?
The HFB Conference Center offers spaces for meetings and events for 10-400 attendees. Please see the Room Packet for descriptions of the spaces available. Please note that all room capacities are approximate and will depend on your seating and configuration preferences.
What can the Houston Food Bank provide for my event?
The Houston Food Bank offers a limited supply of equipment and furnishings, including audio/video equipment and tables/chairs. Please request additional information about specific items necessary for your event.
Can I incorporate a volunteer activity for my event?
Yes. The Houston Food Bank operates primarily through the use of our volunteer forces. Thanks to the assistance of volunteer groups, the Houston Food Bank is able to provide food to 600 hunger relief agencies in southeast Texas which will feed 800,000 hungry people each year. If your group would like to incorporate a volunteer activity with your event, there are several productive activities for your group to choose from. Please discuss this with us as you book your event.
How do I make reservations or get more information?
To get started, please follow these steps:
- Visit our Catertrax website to reserve a room and order catering. A confirmation eMail and invoice will be sent after processing. Submitting your request does not confirm that your event has been booked.
- An Event Order Packet will be sent including an Event Order, Facility Use Agreement, and Credit Card Authorization form.
a. Event Order: outline of the agreed upon event details, and an outline of charges
b. Facility Use Agreement: terms and conditions applicable to all parties utilizing event space at the Houston Food Bank Conference Center
c. Credit Card Authorization: authorizes the HFB to charge the credit card on file
- Your dates/times will be secured upon submitting a signed copy of all pages of your Event Order packet, and receiving confirmation from our Conference Services Manager.